This SCD/Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe is one of our all-time favorite recipes ever. It’s always a hit and we are asked to make it again and again. We can’t wait for you to try it and share it with your family too.
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, SCD, Low-Carb
Happy Sunday, Friends!❤️
We are so thrilled to finally be posting this recipe!! A lot of time, effort + love went into it and we just know you’re going to enjoy it as much as we have–it really is absolutely delicious!
This is an SCD take on my mother’s amazing Chicken Parmesan recipe, which was one of our very favorite savory meals growing up. We tested and tested until the taste was virtually indistinguishable. It is as it should be, golden brown cutlets smothered in cheese and sauce, baked to perfection. This meal is guaranteed to satisfy any guest, and most importantly, it can be safely made for those following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet or Keto diet.
And it’s low carb, people!! It really doesn’t get much better than this.😋 You’ll find a link below to our SCD/Keto Bread Crumb Recipe–they work in any recipe requiring bread crumbs. Perfect for meatloaf, casseroles + crab cakes!
Tips for today:
-You can find the recipe for our SCD + Keto Bread Crumbs here.
–Rao’s makes a great marinara sauce free of additives cased in a glass jar if it is tolerated. Otherwise, the homemade sauce below is absolutely delicious as well.
-Make sure to read through all of the ingredients and steps prior to cooking, it will save time, frustration and make the whole experience much more enjoyable.😊
Happy Baking + Enjoy The Recipe!😊 We’d love to hear your feedback, leave any questions or comments in the comment section below.
- For The Sauce:
- 2 extra large, ripe tomatoes, peeled + seeded (Rao’s marinara can be used as an alternative for some, it is additive-free in a glass jar)
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- salt + pepper to taste
- For The Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (we like to use a thin to medium cut)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup SCD/Keto Bread Crumbs (or any SCD or Keto Breadcrumbs you have)
- 3/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- First make your sauce. (If you’re using Rao’s, omit this step).
- Boil a medium sized pot of water and drop your tomatoes in for 2 minutes each. Remove with a slotted spoon and carefully peel the skin off of each one. Then cut them down the center and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Remove any part of the core that’s hard as well as the stem. Dice + set aside.
- Chop your onion and sautée over medium heat until they soften a bit, about three minutes. Add in your minced garlic and continue sautéeing for another minute. Then add your diced tomatoes. Continue to cook on medium heat while stirring for 5 minutes. Then reduce heat a bit and cook sauce down for 20 minutes. It will start to thicken a bit. Mix in your Italian Seasoning and salt + pepper. Then add your parmesan cheese and stir until combined. Continue to simmer on low heat for another 15 minutes, stirring often. Set sauce aside.
- Place your bread crumbs in a bowl. In a separate bowl, place your beaten eggs. Prepare a large pan with the 2.5 tbsp of olive oil and the 1.5 tbsp of butter. Place over medium heat. You’ll want to add your chicken when the butter/oil mixture looks frothy.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg, covering each side, then place into bread crumbs, again covering each side evenly. Place each piece into the pan and sear on each side for about 2-3 minutes, it will become golden/brown. Remove each piece from the pan with tongs and place them into a casserole dish. (We like to spread about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish before we add the chicken).
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over each piece of seared chicken, then place sauce overtop. It doesn’t need to cover the entire dish. Bake at 375 degrees uncovered for 25 minutes, then cover with foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes. (Every oven varies slightly, so make sure to do a quick check and cut into your chicken to ensure it’s cooked through. If not, add an additional 10 minutes baking time).
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh parsley + enjoy!! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, lowcarb, scd, specificcarbohydratediet, chickenparmesan, dinner, chicken, easymeals