Treat yourself to SCD Peanut Butter Cheesecake Heaven, the perfect anytime dessert!
SCD Peanut Butter Cheesecake
When is cheesecake not a good idea? I’m pretty sure there must be a scenario where it doesn’t make sense, but I can’t think of a single one at the moment. These kinds of dreamy desserts are hypnotizing–practicality exits the mind and craving takes over!
We already offer a Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe, but I really wanted to make a delicious SCD version. My heart breaks for the faithful follower of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet because chocolate is a nonstarter. So whenever we create sweet SCD recipes, we try our very best to make them so delicious that chocolate would be utterly unnecessary.
How It’s Made
We make this SCD Cheesecake with Friendship Farmer Cheese–and to make it extra smooth, we place it into a blender after the initial mixing. This is not necessary, but it does lend to a smoother, dreamier cheesecake. It bakes at 350 degrees uncovered for about and hour and chills overnight in the fridge or for about 2 hours in the freezer if you’d like to serve it same day.
This cake can easily be cut into squares, however we used circular cookie cutters for the photos here but encourage you to serve it up however you like! 😀
If you Love This Cheesecake, We Think You’ll Also Love Our:
Happy Baking, Enjoy The Recipe!
For The Graham Crust
- 1.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For The Cheesecake
- 3 packages Friendship brand Farmer Cheese (7.5 oz each package, 22.5 oz total) found in most groceries.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (mixed and smooth, no additives)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melter butter or ghee
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- fresh berries for garnish if desired
Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
- The solid cream from two cans of chilled coconut milk (view instructions for details)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- a drizzle of honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with your graham crust: In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, gelatin and salt. Cut butter into flour thoroughly with a pastry cutter.
- Add honey, coconut milk + vanilla extract and start working the wet ingredients into the flour/butter mixture by hand. At first it will feel dry, but as the butter and liquid are incorporated, it will become softer and dough-like. Form the dough into a ball- it will be sticky. Wash hands from excess dough.
- Then line your 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and press your graham dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Create your cheesecake filling: Unwrap your Farmer Cheese packages and place all three in a large mixing bowl. Blend in honey and peanut butter with a hand mixer on medium. Then mix in melted butter, eggs one at a time, coconut milk and then the vanilla extract. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over top and blend for 30 seconds more–it will be very thick at first but will loosen up as you go.
- Then pour your cheesecake batter into a blender and pulse until smooth. Farmer Cheese is grainier like ricotta and this will help to smooth the texture a bit. You do not have to do this if you don’t have a blender on hand, it’s delicious either way.
- Pour the blended batter over the graham crust dough and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Place the pan into your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour (some ovens take 1 hour and 5 minutes). It cooks just like a regular cheesecake, you’ll see it’s done when the top is set but still a bit jiggly when moved.
- Place cheesecake on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes, then transfer to the freezer for an additional hour or two until it is fully set up.
- Lift your fully cooled cheesecake from the pan by picking up the sides of the parchment paper and place onto a countertop or cutting board. Cut into squares, lift each piece with a spatula, serve on plates and spoon coconut whipped cream and berries on top if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container, enjoy!
- Prep Time: about 20 min
- Cook Time: about an hour
- Category: SCD
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cheesecake
Keywords: SCD, Specific Carbohydrate Diet, naturally sweetened, peanut butter, cheesecake, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, birthday