Wow your guests with this incredibly savory and delicious Mustard Baked Salmon + Parmesan Roasted Asparagus!
| Mustard Baked Salmon + Roasted Asparagus | I’ve been meaning to post this salmon recipe for ages, it’s such a simple, easy-to-make dish but tastes like a true, gourmet meal!
A mustard sauce compliments the salmon beautifully and the roasted asparagus with parmesan makes a lovely veggie side. Squeeze a touch of lemon over top before serving and you have one mouthwatering meal– guaranteed cleaned plates all around! 😉
Like many of you, I grew up eating all kinds of delicious seafood at home and in restaurants (in my case, on the east coast). My father to this day still makes the very best steamed lobster and my mother makes the meanest shrimp salad– but that is the tip of the iceberg–I could bore you with countless tales of crab cakes, raw oysters and pan fried fish galore. And I know many of you seafood die hards out there can relate. But I find that sometimes just a simple salmon dish can really hit the spot.
I particularly love dishes like this in the summer months– they’re not so heavy and are often accompanied by citrus, veggies and perhaps a chilled glass of white wine or sparkling water. It just feels nice and “beachy”.
And if you’re looking to serve a refreshing dessert after dinner, key lime pie is a great way to go–depending on your diet we have two versions, Keto and SCD –it’s the perfect end to a summertime meal.
If you love this recipe, you might also enjoy our:
Enjoy The Recipe!Print
- 10–14 ounces fresh salmon
- fresh dill or parsley for garnish
Mustard Vinaigrette Sauce
- juice of 1 medium sized lemon
- 2.5 tablespoons mustard (make sure it is SCD or Keto friendly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (or a couple of drops of liquid stevia for keto)
- salt and pepper to taste
- small bunch of fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Go ahead and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for your asparagus and also line a baking dish for your salmon.
- Start with your asparagus: After they’ve been washed with the ends cut off and dried with a towel, spread the asparagus on your parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and then sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper over top. Roll the asparagus until they are covered fairly evenly with the oil and spice. Sprinkle parmesan over top. Set aside.
- Next, put together your mustard vinaigrette sauce and prep the salmon: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, mustard, olive oil and honey until evenly combined. Add just a touch of salt and pepper + whisk again. Set aside. (Go ahead and place your asparagus into the preheated oven at this point, it needs just a few minutes more than the salmon to cook).
- We cut our 12 ounce piece of salmon in half to serve two and then place the pieces onto the parchment lined baking dish.
- Pour the mustard vinaigrette sauce over the salmon. Any leftover sauce can be poured directly into the dish as the salmon will cook in it, rendering it even more flavorful. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on desired doneness and size of salmon filets. Your asparagus and salmon should be done at about the same time.
- Serve salmon with roasted asparagus on the side and squeeze fresh lemon over both before serving if desired or serve with a lemon wedge.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min (asparagus + salmon)
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: salmon, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, keto, scd, specific carbohydrate diet, asparagus, roasted, parmesan, mustard, baked